There are more than one picture on most posts, I just shrunk it to one pic for the front page to save you some scrolling spaces.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Eulogy for a Dear One

For a life that withered
An innocence untainted
A soft breeze that only lasted for a blink of an eye

For the void that you left behind
A hollow space that was meant for you
The space that you never took



For the brief moment of joy that you have given
For the simple smile after the pain to usher your existence
For your name that you haven't even speak

Dear one,

No matter how short a candle
It illuminates the room where it stood

Dear one,

No matter how brief a breeze
It brings a breath of joy to those who felt it

Dear one,

Ride the winds to the Hands of Providence
Ride the light without looking back


Here we stand in sorrow,
We haven't paid our debts to you
The happiness that you brought
Has not yet been returned to your heart

And last, here I am dear one,
Not a single breath of your lungs I've heard
Not a single brush of your skin I've felt
None of the part of your existence registered in my world
Have I wronged you dear one?
Tis of mine own free will that I am what I am
So does I acknowledge your existence no matter how quick you departed


Dear one,

Must I bid farewell even before I see you?

2 comments:

  1. Again - WOW WOW WOW - your words are amazing, so heartfelt...and beautiful. You have piles of talent, Sweetness - never underrate yourself. Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, this one have a really sad story behind it...
    A little guilt from my part...

    ReplyDelete

Say something about this...