There are more than one picture on most posts, I just shrunk it to one pic for the front page to save you some scrolling spaces.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Poem on Loneliness



CHANCE MEETINGS



by: Conrad Aiken (1889-1973)


In the mazes of loitering people, the watchful and furtive,

The shadows of tree-trunks and shadows of leaves,

In the drowse of the sunlight, among the low voices,

I suddenly face you,



     Your dark eyes return for a space from her who is with you,

They shine into mine with a sunlit desire,

They say an 'I love you, what star do you live on?'

They smile and then darken,

            
And silent, I answer 'You too--I have known you,--I love you!--'

And the shadows of tree-trunks and shadows of leaves

Interlace with low voices and footsteps and sunlight

To divide us forever
.


[Quoted from here]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something about this...